Saturday, September 7, 2013

Argan Oil Soap - dried hair

So I'm impressed that My hair doesn't feel dry or brittle. I'm impressed that I could put my hair in a ponytail and into a bun and it looks shiny, healthy and pretty ... But my ends, with the layers look horrific! It's like my split ends doubled and went witchy frizzy on me.... Yuck!

Is washing with argan oil a step back in my no poo journey? ...no! Is it a step in the right direction... Not necessarily. I think I'll save this bar for getting out henna, chlorine, for anytime I want to make sure I'm doing a good scrub, but certainly not for every wash!

I'm back to adding jojoba oil today, paying extra attention to my ends as i have been on my day two. I'll be back to my SoapNuts next wash. I wonder what a jojoba oil bar would do for me.... Ah hah! Something to think about.

Ill watch and see how my progress goes this week and report back next wash.

In the meantime, I brush with a Boar Bristle Brush every night and do a Water Only scalp massage whenever I want to change my hairstyle. I'm not really wearing my hair curly since brushing it takes out the curls. I'm wearing buns and braids and ponytails most days.

Have fun!

Update: my hair is still frizzy but very soft and shiny. I'm going to skip adding jojoba oil until later tonight when I'm using the BBB. Sorry the selfie is sideways lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing my journey, all comments are welcomed but will be moderated to ensure we have good vibes going on.