So I'm 9 days past my hairdresser visit and for the FIRST time, my hair is starting to look more luminous, and the fly-aways are taming themselves because sebum... GLOOOORIOUS SEBUM... has returned! The low poo washed the sebum right out of my hair and reminded me of the dry hair I used to have before going no poo.
|A WINDY curly haired day!|
- My hair looks fantastic! It's pretty and healthy and soft and satiny.
- I get light reflecting rainbows (not really) on my luminous, healthy hair. I see red, blond, blue even purple highlights I never knew I had. Imagine what others are seeing from the back!
- My hair doesn't need styling products, at all. I rarely add aloe vera for moisture or definition anymore, and only use jojoba oil on my ends closer to the two week wash mark.
- I rarely have tangles, even when I wash it in the shower, it's now easy to detangle!
- Oh yeah, I only wet my hair twice a month... unless I want to style it curly.
- I can wash, wear it curly for 4-5 days, then I have to wear it straight so I can brush daily until my next cleansing wash, so, NO curly girls, I can't seem do what I'm doing without brushing my hair. It simply isn't sustainable for me.
|Straightened and still have volume :)|
- I have to brush daily starting on day 4 or 5? Hardly a problem ;) If i don't, the pores on my dry scalp hurt a little, I guess being blocked? I'm not sure but my scalp has never been healthier from daily brushing.
- Swimming in chlorine freaks me out a bit, it messes with my washing cycle.
- I don't get as much volume on the top of my head as I'd like, but that's okay, when straightened, it only ever lasted about 2 hours before no poo anyway!
I currently use a nourishing argan oil shampoo bar (on my scalp only) and a 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water conditioning rinse, and I plop to dry curly. Then I either brush it out gently while dry and use low heat to flat iron it, to ease brushing or else I have to brush it and style it in up-dos, so I can continue brushing daily. In the summer, I'll use SoapNuts to cleanse, perhaps more often too, and the same conditioning rinse ratio.
I love no poo!!