And find tips on part 3 - http://curlygirlgoesnopoo.blogspot.ca
So I've got a pot to cook it, a plastic spoon, a measuring cup (dry), my cheap flax seeds, a metal strainer, a bowl and an air tight container to keep it in afterwards. I'm going to add some coconut oil as well for some easy goodness so I have that and a tablespoon to measure it.
- First I measured the flax seeds, those little guys stick to everything! Then I measured the water.
- Put them both in a saucepan on high and set your timer to 7:00
- Right as the timer for 7:00 went off - it bubbled like crazy and was finally thick enough to be considered egg white consistency!
- I added 1 tbsp coconut oil, and let it melt into the boiling water.
- Then through the metal sieve I poured the egg white texture mixture. Clumsy me tipped the sieve and got flax seeds into my new gel.
- Serves me right trying to use my camera phone while doing this!!
- Ahhh yuck! Don't do that! It thickens up real quick and won't go through the sieve a second time!!!
- Ack! I think I've lost this thirty cent batch. I'm washing tomorrow so I've put some of this gel along my hairline and at the end of my braid to have a comparison and to see how it holds.
- This was really easy. You do need to keep stirring it though. The flax seeds want to sink to the bottom and a few times I found myself un sticking them from my pot.
- After sieving the seeds, be careful, they are hot!! Let them cool.
- And wash that sieve ASAP! The gel gets goopier and goopier as it cools :)